Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Job Prep Shopping: Clothes (1/2)

hello, hello!




So last week I found out about the beginning of my new job! Yay! I've been waiting for what seems like forever, so I'm super psyched to finally get started. I first got my contract from the company only about two weeks after getting hired at B&N, but due to the lack of open positions, I've pretty much just been on hold since then. I did get offered two jobs in different prefectures since then, but I turned them down for various reasons.

Finally it's decided! I will fly into Osaka on the 26th and start my new job two days later.

Since I found out and started the planning, though, I've been hyper tense. D:

Anyway, on Friday we went to get my visa processed in Atlanta, but didn't find out until the car ride that the office was closed for Veterans' Day. So, we UPS'd it and went shopping instead. It was a great chance to pick up some work clothes for my new job.

Only thing is, I don't want to delude myself into thinking these are appropriate and then find out that I'm delusional, so any input would be awesome.

Forever21 is cheap and easy, so that's where we went.


This knit fits around the waist for a nice loose effect.

A toned-down leopard print semi-transparent sheath.

Long, loose-hemmed knit.

And a simple, pleated A-line skirt in black.


The thing is, I'm actually kind of nervous about business wear, since I've never had a job that required me wear anything but a smock, or any shirt-pants combo in coordinated black. It's been difficult for me to find good inspiration, too, so I'm giving it my best here. I'd love to hear some opinions/ideas, though. ;__;


Got this brassy necklace to go with, since the shirts kind of seem like blank canvases to me.


Finally, two simple coordinate ideas I had for the above:

Was thinking a black scarf would finish this off nicely.


I put the leopard print sheath over a black camisole and paired with a mid-thigh
length cardigan with wide cork buttons.


 And here's a polyvore for inspiration: Rich Girl CHIC

It was so hard for me to avoid so many cute casual pieces out right now, but there was one thing I couldn't bypass...


It's dress-length, so I thought it would be cute with leggings and boots and my poofy beanie. *___*


Anyway, that is all for clothes. I got some great make-up products, too! But I'll post them tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment