Saturday, November 5, 2011

Wig Time!

Howdy, there! 

So, yesterday when I got home there was a lovely package waiting on my doorstep for me adorned with many cute kitty and Halloween stickers!




Checking the sender on the box, it was confirmed: my beautiful new wig from Minty Mix had shipped in just two business days! *__*

I've never owned a serious wig before, but seeing a friend's cute loli wigs all the time, I finally caved in and purchased this two-toned brown/tan split curly wig. And I can scarcely remember the last time I was filled with such girlish enthusiasm.

Anyway, the bangs need a little trimming/fixing, and I need to go through it make it a little more orderly, but I couldn't wait, so I put it on right outta' the box!




They even very kindly included a hair net for containing your natural hair! My hair, however, is quite thick and long and made the wig cap feel somewhat unstable, so I used a cute usamimi hair tie from Primark to make it look more natural.



Coordinate
☆ Dress - SUPER LOVERS 
☆    Vest - CECIL McBEE   
☆    Boots - Forever21    





The wig also comes with two large side-ponies for a sweet lolita look. I really bought the wig for the main head piece, since I'm not a lolita or anything, but I tried them on of course. And the result was beyond words.


PSYCHOPATH. HAHAHAHA


I am in love with myself.

Since it's my first wig, I can't speak too knowledgeably about it, but I do think the quality is quite good for the just-under $60 I paid for it. It's not too shiny, which is one of the things that usually makes wigs look cheap, imo, but has a nice sandy color quality that makes it noticeably doll like. Maybe if you're looking for a wig that appears completely like natural hair, this isn't the wig for you, but I personally like the doll-like texture and quality of it, so for me it's perfect. 

I made a careful analysis, too, about my feelings before and after the arrival of the wig:




Best decision ever.

The package also included the most adorable little business card (bottom) and logo sticker! The little zombie plushie is just a stray that found his way into the photo. He has nothing to do with this. XD




Anyway, that's all for my perfect life right now. I'm off to see Puss in Boots in a while.



\

No comments:

Post a Comment