Wednesday, December 28, 2011

うわのそら




My life looks like this a lot lately.

I feel Christmas came and went very quickly, perhaps like a driveway intruder, just stopping in to turn around. I celebrated with some tacos and people from work, an enjoyable get together, but not exactly in holiday spirit.

I associate Christmas with warmth, which is strange at such a cold time of year. Twinkling trees lights, that constant crinkling of wrapping paper, the cat excitedly knocking ornaments off the shelves, and delicious smells that waft in from the kitchen only during those few days out of every year just can't be compensated by anything else. I suppose all-in-all, that's why it was so easy for me to dismiss it this year.

Without the warmth of the season I didn't feel Christmas at all, and consequently, I didn't miss it, either.

But here's to the New Year!





No comments:

Post a Comment